Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bahman's letter to Sue,

Dear Sue,
Yes, they are our IELTS reading tests. They are very difficult, but we can read them and answer their questions. There are only one difference between us and students. It is Ali’s help. :)
Every week we read its new words. It has very many words. It is a big war between us and many words. IELTS has listening, writing and speaking tests too. I think the listening tests are easier than reading tests.
They are 3 pieces in the Dashti mode. 2 pieces have some sorrow and a piece that is called Zarde Malije. Zarde Malije (which means yellow sparrow) is very beautiful.
Take care,
Bahman

1 comment:

Sue said...

Dear Bahman, You once told me you have trouble memorizing all the English words you need. I suggested then, and I repeat it now: Take a few words every day and memorize them. Use the words that T gives you or words from the practice tests. You need to increase your vocabulary. If you have trouble memorizing, write each word down 10 times with the Iranian meaning next to it. Then use it in a sentence.

The next day review the words you learned the day before and add a few more, repeating the exercise. See if this helps. Let me know if you are following through with this. It is important. You have put a lot of work into your English, so you don't want to go into the tests unprepared, I know.

I was trying to get you used to the writing test, If you wish I can give you a new writing assignment and explain how to do it. Let me know.

Sue