Friday, January 14, 2011

Bahman's letter to Sue,

Dear Sue,
We read one page from Walden’s sounds chapter on last Friday. Walden is a wonderful book. I begin to think when I read Walden’s sentences. It is a big gift from Thoreau.
As for seeing, in many verses of the holy Koran emphasize on seeing. For example:
1. Do they not look at the camels, how they are made?
2. Say: behold all that is in the heavens and earth; but neither signs nor warmers profit those who believe not.
3. See how we explain the signs in diverse ways; that they may understand.
They simulate a sentence:
Read your fate, see what is before you and walk on into futurity.
I have 2 exams next week. I had 4 exams last week. They were good. I’m so tired, because my exams are very intense.
Take care,
Bahman

1 comment:

Sue said...

Dear Bahman, I am always glad to hear from you, and I rejoice when we can find truths in your culture and in mine. As Rumi always said, "We are one."

Speaking of our sights and sounds, as in the chapter from Thoreau: Thoreau said, when you climb the mountain, what does it tell you? There are truths around every bend in the road and such a intelligent young man like you will always look for those truths.

I am sorry you are tired. I am feeling a bit like that myself. I will pray for you in your exams.

Thank you for writing. Your friend, Sue