Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bahman's Writings

Dear friends,
Introduction
I read English because it is international language. I can find many friends by English. English can help me in my engineering. English is international language and I should learn English until can go to other countries. English can help me that can know other culture and other people and other countries. By English I can read other literature books and I can know other writers and other poets.
By English I can find many friends from different countries in the entire world. Sue is a good example for a good friend. I can ask my questions about many things from other countries people.
I am an engineer and I can use other countries technology by English. I can ask many questions from other engineers by English.
I think English is useful for me and other people that want use other ideas and other minds.
Bahman

2 comments:

Alireza Taghdarreh said...

Hello Bahman,

Thank you for writing, but your writing lacks the parameters Sue demanded for our essays.

Read the following notes and write again please:

Write a 5 paragraph essay on why you want to learn English.

Paragraph I – Introduction and statement of your reasons.
Paragraph II, III, IV – Explain each reason in a separate paragraph. (You may have 1, 2, 3 or more reasons.)

Last Paragraph – Conclusion in which you restate your reasons and end your essay.

…Each paragraph must be at least 3 sentences long
…Each sentence must have a noun, or pronoun and a verb.

Sue said...

Dear Bahman, Please pay attention to what Ali is saying. You write like an engineer, but in an essay one has to introduce a subject (Paragraph I) and then develop your ideas and prove your points in the following paragraphs.

Consider Doing An Outline:

Example:

I. Introduction
i find it important to study the English language for the following reasons:
a. it is international
b. it helps me make friends
c. it will help me in my major field
of engineering
d. I can learn about the literature
and culture of other countries.
(THIS COULD BE PART OF a.)

Paragraph II. You will develop your idea (a)
Paragraph III You will develop your idea (b)
Paragraph IV You will develop your idea (c)
Paragraph V You will develop your idea (d)

Paragraph VI You will develop a conclusion, restating your ideas in Paragraph I in a new and creative way. (This will help you learn new words in order to better express yourself.)

Your grammar and usage are very good in this essay, with a few exceptions. Redo the essay and I will then review any mistakes I find.

This is a good organizing tool for you, Bahman. Let me suggest you learn to write an outline, not just for learning English, but for use in your other courses of study. It pins your brain down and keeps it from flying in all directions.

Your reasons for studying English are, however, excellent.

Your friend, Sue