Sunday, December 19, 2010

Please Meet Mandy Harvey

I was driving home today when I heard Mandy Harvey on the radio, and I loved her positive look at life. Marty is just out of college at CSU here in Colorado. Three years ago she lost her hearing. Marty was, and still is, a Jazz Singer and she has refused to let her deafness affect her talent. She can hear nothing when she is singing, but has maintained a positive and loving way of viewing life in spite of...She reminds me of Emily Dickenson's " Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul."

Here are a couple of Utube entries that introduce Mandy Hardy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQR1uj5LUGU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIa5yA1_d-M&feature=related

This would be a good listening exercise for you. She pronounces her words clearly and is easy to understand. Let me know what you think of Mandy.

1 comment:

Alireza Taghdarreh said...

I would always love to discover the things that you cherish in life, Sue. Thank you for sharing what you live with in your world. Faranak should download or save these in her computer. My downloads are expensive and limited. I'd appreciate it if she did.