Friday, December 17, 2010

New plans for my classes: Reading Walden

Friends,

My chariot has been torn apart and the road lost by riding my horses in several different directions.  The translation of Walden has been delayed for too long and I do not intend to keep it that way.  This is to annouce that from now on I will not read Masnavi or any other books in any of my classes except Walden and Wild Apples.  I promise that you will never be able to forget the joys that these extremely faschinating books will leave in our hearts.

I have been fortunate enough to read Walden with Sue and a few other outstanding writers and scholars in the US.  In fact Sue is a pearl I managed to capture while swimming in the depths of Walden.  I assure you that Walden will sit beside Masnavi in out hearts. 

T

1 comment:

Sue said...

To Those on this Blog: T has been working so very hard to create a bridge between our American Philosopher/writer and those in Iran that might be interested.
I have wondered how you could do so much, Ali, and I firmly believe that creating a Persian Walden is a work of a lifetime. Masnavi is a beautiful work that it is already available to both English speakers, and Persian speakers. Walden is the creation of a new bridge. I know we will all support you in your decision. What you are attempting is a massive work! God bless you.
Sue