Friday, December 31, 2010

I am confused about...

Dear Sue,
I want you to know, never I don't forget your questions. If I answer a little late, I think about them and whatever I write.
You asked me:
"Have you decided what branch of computer work you want to specialize in?"
I loved to continue my course in the IT/Network but this branch is very young in Iran and its capacity is limited, about 17 or 18 in the nationwide. These conditions cause me to suspect about this branch.
This semester, I had a lesson, its name was Artificial Intelligence. I am interested in it too.
Now, I don't know which branch is better for me. I'm very confused and need to consult a lot.
I hope God helps me to find my way.

Dear friend, thanks so much for the beautiful poem. We will read it in the class and enjoy it a lot. You always write interesting things to us.
Your friend, Faranak.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hello dear Faranak, I had a long post all ready and then something went Blooooy and it disappeared. Ah well. I will start again.

Of course, you are the one who must decide on your career, but with your English language base, I wonder if you would not be happier in a research position regardless of which field you choose. If you go into online computer work you will be doing work for others. In research you can expand whichever field you choose. It may mean that you will need a PHd, however.

Have you ever thought of going to America for future studies? Massachusetts Institute of Technology is in Boston Massachusetts. That is on our Eastern seaboard and a very old city. It is an excellent school for what you want to do. It's just a thought I had. As you said, you need to consult a lot of people and get different opinions.

Your friend, Sue

1. One correction. In your first sentence you have two negative words: don't and never. Two negatives make a positive so what you are saying is that you do forget my questions! I know this is not what you mean, however.

Your English shows that you work hard on your learning. I know you must be a very good student.

Your friend, Sue